Visa and entry requirements for Saint Lucia
Saint Lucia visa types are divided into: diplomatic, official, visit, business, student and work visas.
China has no diplomatic relations with Saint Lucia. Chinese citizens who go to Saint Lucia can directly submit visa applications to Saint Lucia's overseas agencies or immigration bureaus. Saint Lucia does not accept visa applications at ports of entry for Chinese citizens. To apply for a Saint Lucia visa, only a copy of the passport and relevant supporting documents are required, and the original passport is not required.
The processing time is generally three weeks, and the number of visa entries and the duration of stay depend on the purpose of visiting Saint Lucia.
Holders of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region passports can enter Saint Lucia visa-free.
Immigration officials issue the number of entries times and the length of stay when entering the country. If necessary, you can apply for an extension at the immigration office after entering the country. Overdue stays will be dealt with according to law.
For details, please refer to the Saint Lucia Government website. Or consult the Visa Office of the Saint Lucia Immigration Bureau, Tel: (1-758) 456 3825, Fax: (1-758) 456 3823.
The customs and epidemic prevention
All visitors are required to declare their belongings, but there is no need to declare the amount of cash. Persons aged 18 and over are allowed to bring 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars or 2 kilograms of tobacco, 1.14 litres of alcohol and gifts not exceeding $270 EC Caribbean dollars with duty-free.
Drugs, guns, counterfeit money and obscene pictures are strictly prohibited. Rare or endangered animals and plants are not allowed to be taken abroad.
Those who violate the above provisions will be punished by additional tax payment, fines and confiscation of goods, and those who commit serious ACTS will be punished according to law.
Check out the St Customs and Revenue Department website for details
Those who have the following basic conditions can apply directly to the St. Lucia Immigration Office:
1. Marry a citizen of Saint Lucia;
2. Live in Saint Lucia for more than 7 years;
3. Parents are citizens of Saint Lucia;
4. Children under 21 years of age after the divorce of saint Lucia citizens;
5. Children adopted by citizens of Saint Lucia.
Products and Price of Commodities
1. Tourism and agriculture dominate saint Lucia's national economy.St. Lucia's tourism has developed rapidly and its tourism facilities are quite complete. Tourists mainly come from North America and European countries, mainly for seaside vacations, sports and ecological tours. Agriculture is mainly based on banana planting. In addition, coconut, cocoa, and spices are produced. The products are mainly exported to European Union and other countries.
2. St. Lucia's food and daily necessities are basically imported, and the prices are relatively expensive. The East Caribbean dollar is common, and US dollars are also available. One U.S. dollar is approximately 2.7 East Caribbean dollars (data as of July 2011).
Saint Lucia has two public hospitals and a number of private hospitals and clinics, which can basically meet the needs of local citizens and tourists.