st.kitts Citizenship by Investment (Amendment) (No. 2) Regulations
These Regulations may be cited as the Saint Christopher and Nevis Citizenship by Investment (Amendment) (No. 2) Regulations, 2020.
In these Regulations
“principal Regulations” means the Saint Christopher and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Regulations, No. 52 of 2011.
3. AMENDMENT OF REGULATION 2.
The principal Regulations are amended in regulation 2 by inserting immediately after the definition of “Minister”; the following new definition:
“ “dependent sibling” means a brother or sister of the main applicant or his or her spouse, who is
(c) thirty years of age or younger; and
(d) is dependent on the applicant for financial support;”.
4. AMENDMENT OF FIRST SCHEDULE.
(1) The First Schedule is amended as follows:
(a) in paragraph 2 by inserting immediately after paragraph 2, a new paragraph 2A. as follows
“ 2A. A main applicant or his or her spouse may add a dependentsibling to his or her application at a rate of forty thousand United States Dollars (US$40,000.00) per dependent sibling.
(b) in paragraph 5 by inserting immediately after subparagraph (d), the following new subparagraph (e)
“(e) dependent siblings who may be added to an application at US$20,000.00.
(2) Where a main applicant seeks the addition of another dependent pursuant to the provisions of subsection (1), and that other dependent is between the ages of eighteen and thirty, that dependent shall be subject to the following requirements
(a) the conditions set out in regulation 4 with the exception of subregulations (8), (14);
(b) a due diligence background check, subject to the provisions of these regulations;
(c) the submission of a sworn affidavit of the main applicant confirming that the other dependent is financially dependent on the main applicant and the reason for same.
(3) The addition of dependent siblings to the Sustainable Growth Fund or the real estate investment option, pursuant to the provisions of subregulation (1), shall only be in respect of new applications after the coming into force of these regulations.
Made this 21st day of October, 2020.
Minister responsible for Citizenship