Investment as Entrepreneurs
Admission Scheme for Investment as Entrepreneurs is suitable for persons who wish to enter/stay in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) for investment as entrepreneurs under the General Employment Policy (GEP), i.e. to establish or join in business in the HKSAR.
This entry arrangement does not apply to:
a. Chinese residents of the Mainland of China (the Mainland); and
b. nationals of Afghanistan, Cuba, Laos, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Nepal and Vietnam.
1. there is no security objection and no known record of serious crime in respect of the applicant;
2. the applicant has a good education background, normally a first degree in the relevant field, but in special circumstances, good technical qualifications, proven professional abilities and/or relevant experience and achievements supported by documentary evidence may also be accepted; and
3. the applicant is in a position to make substantial contribution to the economy of the HKSAR, with consideration factors including, but not limited to, business plan, business turnover, financial resources, investment sum, number of jobs created locally and introduction of new technology or skills.
4. Start-up Businesses : An applicant who wishes to establish or join in a start-up business may also submit an application. The Immigration Department may consider the application favourably, if the start-up business concerned is supported by a government-backed programme with a rigorous vetting and selection process, and the applicant is the proprietor or partner of the start-up company or a key researcher of the relevant project.
5. Overseas Chinese nationals holding People's Republic of China passports who are living overseas and meet the criteria stipulated above and normal immigration requirements may apply to enter the HKSAR for investment if:
a. the applicant has permanent residence overseas; or
b. the applicant has been residing overseas for at least one year immediately before the submission of application and that the application is submitted from overseas.