Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates (IANG)
Applicants who are/were non-local students Note 1 and have obtained an undergraduate or higher qualification in a full-time and locally-accredited programme in Hong Kong (hereafter “non-local graduates”) may apply to stay/return and work in the HKSAR under the IANG.
The IANG is quota-free and non-sector specific. The IANG does not apply to nationals of Afghanistan, Cuba, Laos, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Nepal and Vietnam.
1. Non-local graduates here refer to non-local students who have obtained an undergraduate or higher qualification in a full-time and locally-accredited programme in the HKSAR.
2. Non-local graduates who submit applications to the Immigration Department within six months after the date of their graduation (i.e. the date shown on their graduation certificates) are classified as non-local fresh graduates.
3. Non-local graduates who submit applications beyond six months of the date of their graduation are classified as returning non-local graduates.
4. Non-local fresh graduates who wish to apply to stay and work in the HKSAR are not required to have secured an offer of employment upon application. They may be granted 12 months' stay on time limitation only without other conditions of stay provided that normal immigration requirements are met. Those who intend to apply to stay and work in the HKSAR but have not yet secured graduation results may apply for extension of stay to wait for the promulgation of results. Non-local fresh graduates who have not yet obtained their graduation certificate could apply to stay and work by producing proof from the institution confirming that they have graduated.
5. Returning non-local graduates who wish to return to work in the HKSAR are required to secure an offer of employment upon application. The applications will be favourably considered so long as the job is at a level commonly taken up by degree holders and the remuneration package is at market level. They may be granted 12 months' stay on time limitation only without other conditions of stay provided that normal immigration requirements are met.
Non-local students refer to persons entering the HKSAR for the purpose of education with a student visa / entry permit issued by the Director of Immigration.