Announcement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China and the National Immigration Administration on Temporary Suspension of Entry by Foreigners Holding Valid Chinese Visa
In view of the rapid spread of the new crown pneumonia epidemic worldwide, China has decided to temporarily stop foreigners from entering China with currently valid visas and residence permits from 0:00 on March 28, 2020. The entry of foreigners with APEC business travel cards is suspended. Policies such as port visas, 24/72/144-hour transit visa exemption, Hainan visa exemption, Shanghai cruise visa exemption, 144-hour visa exemption for foreigners from Hong Kong and Macao to enter Guangdong in groups from Hong Kong and Macao, and Guangxi visa exemption for ASEAN tourist groups, etc. will be suspended. Entry with diplomatic, official, courteous, and C visas will not be affected. Foreigners who come to China to engage in necessary economic, trade, scientific and technological activities, as well as emergency humanitarian needs, can apply for visas from Chinese embassies and consulates abroad. Entry of foreigners with visas issued after the announcement will not be affected.
This is a temporary measure taken by China as a last resort in response to the current epidemic, referring to the practices of many countries. China is willing to maintain close communication with all parties to do a good job in personnel exchanges between China and foreign countries under the current situation. China will adjust the above measures according to the epidemic situation and announce it separately.
People's Republic of China Ministry of Foreign Affairs
National Immigration Administration
March 26, 2020
Guidelines for the Application of Invitation Letters for Foreigners to China during the Period of Shenzhen Epidemic Prevention and Control
In order to do a good job in the application of invitation letters for foreigners from our city during the prevention and control of the new crown pneumonia epidemic, this guide has been formulated.
I. Scope of inviting unit (applicant)
Party and government agencies, public institutions, and all types of enterprises registered in Shenzhen with independent legal personality can apply for invitations for foreigners to come to China.
II. Responsibilities of the inviting unit (applicant)
1. Submit an application to the Foreign Affairs Office of the Shenzhen Municipal People's Government (abbreviated as: Shenzhen Foreign Affairs Office);
2. Develop and implement relevant epidemic prevention and control work plans for invited foreigners;
3. Inform the invitees in advance in writing of the requirements for nucleic acid testing, centralized isolation, health management and other measures to be taken by the invitees in Guangdong Province and Shenzhen after entering the country, and the legal responsibilities they will assume for non-compliance with the epidemic prevention and control measures;
4. Check the residence history, contact history and health status of the invited person 14 days before departure, and ask them to sign on the relevant informed letter for confirmation;
5. If the invitee does not enter the country through the Guangdong port, he or she must understand the epidemic prevention and control policies and measures of the government at the port of entry in advance, and inform the invitee to strictly abide by it;
6. If the invitee has a confirmed case, he will be responsible for the follow-up of relevant treatment, follow-up and management of close contacts, etc.;
7. After the invitee leaves the country, submit the visa cancellation certificate to the Foreign Affairs Office of Shenzhen.
III. Application process and approval process
Application process: After successfully submitting the application materials in the application system of our office-after applying for an appointment to collect the number on the WeChat public account of the "Shenzhen Administrative Service Hall" "Working Hall"-go to the Shenzhen Administrative Service Hall East Hall No. 4 window to process- -Approval results (about 10 working days from the date of acceptance) The sponsor can check the approval results in the application system and download the electronic version of the "Invitation Letter".
Approval process: Shenzhen Foreign Affairs Office-Shenzhen Epidemic Prevention and Control Headquarters-Guangdong Provincial Foreign Affairs Office will issue an invitation letter and upload it to Chinese embassies and consulates abroad.
IV. Application materials
Please contact our company
V. Matters needs attention
This application does not belong to administrative license or administrative examination and approval. The decision to issue visas lies with Chinese embassies and consulates abroad.
In any of the following circumstances, the inviting units will be suspended to apply for qualifications, and clues about the issues will be transferred to the public security and other departments for handling in accordance with the law.
1. The inviting unit provides false application materials;
2. The inviting unit shall apply for other units;
3. The activities of the invitee to China do not match the purpose of the application.