Notice for Hong Kong residents apply their Mainland's over-age children to entry Hong Kong
If the applicant is under the age of 14 when his/her biological father or mother obtained the Hong Kong identity card before November 1, 2001 (inclusive, the same below), and his/her biological father or mother still settled in Hong Kong on April 1, 2011, he/she may apply to settle down in Hong Kong and reunite with his/her parents.
The applicant shall apply to the exit and entry administration department of the public security organ at or above the county level in the place where his domicile is located
1. Complete and paste the "Application form for mainland residents to reside in Hong Kong or Macao" with a recent full-face bareheaded half-length color photos (size: 33mm x 48mm) of the applicant and Hong Kong related parties.
2. A certificate photo that meets the technical requirements for digital photos of exit and entry documents of the People's Republic of China.
3. The original and photocopy of the Resident Identity Card.
4. The original and photocopy of the Household Register Book.
5. The original and photocopy of the medical certificate of birth or the notarized birth certificate.
6. Children born in wedlock shall submit the original and photocopy of their parents' marriage certificate.
7. If an applicant of Hong Kong over-age children is unable to submit his/her parents' marriage certificate or his/her birth certificate, he/she may be exempted from submitting his/her parents' marriage certificate and his/her birth certificate if he/she agrees to take a paternity test.
8. If the parent-child relationship is in doubt, a paternity test shall be conducted at the criminal technology center of the public security department of GuangDong province, and the results of the paternity test shall be submitted.
9. A copy of the Hong Kong resident ID card of the Hong Kong relations person.
10. A copy of the Hong Kong relations person’s “Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macao residents”.
11. If the Hong Kong related person is a foreign national, submit a copy of the Hong Kong permanent identity card and a foreign passport.
12. The opinion of the police station or the local police station where the household registration is located (Can be filled in the “Application form for mainland residents to settle in Hong Kong or Macao")
(1) The state staff shall be provided with opinions by their subordinate units or superior competent units after examination and approval according to the authority of personnel management.
(2) Employees of state-owned holding enterprises and public institutions shall be provided with opinions by the personnel department of the unit where they work.
(3) For students in school, opinions are issued by the school.
(4) Opinions of other personnel shall be issued by the local public security police station.
13. If the application materials are not in Chinese, the Chinese translation shall be submitted.
14. Other certificates deemed necessary by the exit and entry administration department of the public security organ
Time limit for processing
The exit and entry administration department of the public security organ shall make a decision on approval or disapproval within 40 working days. If the examination and approval cannot be completed within the prescribed time limit due to complicated circumstances, the time limit may be extended by 20 working days upon the approval of the person in charge of the examination and approval department.
The time required for the verification by the exit and entry administration department of the public security organ, Hong Kong immigration department and other departments and the applicant examination for the paternity test shall not be included in the time limit for approval.