Mainland "overage children" apply for one-way permits to settle in Hong Kong
Overage children of Hong Kong residents in the Mainland
1. Application conditions
The applicant was under the age of 14 (including the date of birth, the same below) when his biological father or mother obtained the Hong Kong resident identity card before November 1, 2001 (including the day, the same below), and his biological father or mother in 2011 If you are still living in Hong Kong on April 1, you can apply to settle in Hong Kong to reunite with your parents.
2. Accepting authority
The applicant applies to the exit-entry management department of the public security organ above the county level where the household registration is located.
3. Application materials
1) "Application Form for Mainland Residents to Settle in Hong Kong or Macau" that has been completed and pasted with a recent full-length color photo of the applicant and Hong Kong related persons (specification: 33mm×48mm)
2) A certificate-making photo that meets the standard of "Technical Requirements for Digital Photos of Entry-Exit Documents of the People's Republic of China"
3) Original and photocopy of resident ID card
4) Original and photocopy of household register
5) "Medical Certificate of Birth" or original and copy of birth certificate
6) Children born in wedlock need to submit the original and copy of the parents’ marriage certificate
7) Hong Kong overage child applicants who are unable to submit their parents' marriage certificates or their own birth certificates can be exempted from submitting their parents' marriage certificates and their own birth certificates if they agree to do a paternity test.
8) If the parent-child relationship is in doubt, it is necessary to conduct a paternity test at the Criminal Technology Center of the Guangdong Provincial Public Security Bureau and submit the paternity test results.
9) A copy of the Hong Kong resident identity card of the Hong Kong related person
10) Photocopy of Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macau Residents of Hong Kong related persons
11) If the Hong Kong related person is a foreign nationality, a copy of the Hong Kong permanent resident ID card and foreign passport should be submitted for inspection.
12) Opinions of the work unit or the police station of the place of household registration (can be filled in the application form for mainland residents to settle in Hong Kong or Macau):
1.State staff shall be issued opinions after examination and approval by the subordinate work unit or the superior competent unit in accordance with the authority of personnel management.
2.For employees of state-owned holding enterprises and public institutions, the personnel department of the work unit shall issue opinions.
3.For current students, opinions will be issued by the school where they are located.
4.For other personnel, opinions shall be issued by the police station of the place of household registration.
13) If the application materials are not expressed in Chinese, a Chinese translation should be submitted.
14) Other certificates deemed necessary by the exit-entry administration department of the public security organ
4. Processing time
The exit-entry management department of the public security organ shall make a decision on approval or disapproval within 40 working days. If the approval cannot be completed within the prescribed time limit due to complicated circumstances, the approval time limit may be extended by 20 working days upon approval by the person in charge of the approval department.
The time required for the inspection by the exit-entry administration department of the public security organ and the Hong Kong Immigration Department and other departments and the paternity test of the applicant is not included in the approval time limit.
Guangdong Provincial Public Security Department: http://gdga.gd.gov.cn/bsfw/zsk/crj/content/post_1092046.html